MiraMon Universal Map Reader
The MiraMon Universal Map Reader is a FREE program that allows to view, query and print maps published on the Internet. It's a 32-bit application that runs on Windows from 95 to W10, developed in ANSI C language.
The reader has the following properties:
- Capability to open all formats and data from the network as MiraMon Professional does.
- Capability to access tables in MDB, XLS or large databases via ODBC.
- Universally free.
- Light and of fast installation.
- Capability to view and print in high-quality and practically any size of paper from most of GIS and Remote Sensing formats (MiraMon maps and layers [MMZ ...] GPX, SHP, GeoTIFF ...), raster and vector (with and without topology) and to make queries about them by location, interactive and by attributes, as well as to make selections based on selected objects from other layers.
- Geographical data can be linked to SQL tables or to queries from large databases managers via ODBC, or to other popular formats such as XLS or MDB.
- Data security is guaranteed by the certification included (if any) in the file by the responsible entity, as the Universal Map Reader checks the integrity of the certification before displaying the data and shows to the user the name of the certification authority.
- Capability to access the same resources on the network that the Professional version (WMS, WMTS, ECWP, ArcSDE, etc). With a complete metadata editor (GEM+), linked to the data itself (not just "free text") that follows and expands international standards.
- Capability to export selections in new files (IMG rasters, MiraMon topologically structured or non-structured vectors in ASCII text) and to save clippings from raster views or WMS/WMTS.