The MiraMon Map Reader is a free program that allows to view, query and print maps published on the Internet or on CD-ROM. The reader has the following properties:
- Capacity to open all formats and ways of accessing data on the network being accessed by the MiraMon Professional.
- Capacity to access tables in MDB, XLS or large databases via ODBC.
- Universally free.
- Lightweight and of fast installation.
- Capacity to view and print in high-quality and practically any size of paper of most formats of GIS and Remote Sensing (MiraMon maps and layers [MMZ ...] GPX, SHP, GeoTIFF ...), raster and vector (with and without topology) and to make queries about them by location, interactive and by attributes, as well as to make selections based on selected objects from other layers.
- The geographical data can be linked to SQL tables and queries of large databases managers via ODBC or to popular formats such as XLS or MDB.
- The data security is guaranteed by the certification included (if any) in the file by the information issuer entity, as Map Reader checks on the integrity of the certification before displaying the data and makes accessible to the user the name of the certificate authority..
- Capacity to access the same resources on the network that the Professional version (WMS, WMTS, ECWP, ArcSDE, etc). With a complete metadata editor (GEMM), linked to the data itself (no "free text" across) that follows and expands international standards.
- Capacity to export selections in new files (IMG rasters, MiraMon structured vectors or VEC non-structured vectors in ASCII text) and to save clippings from raster views or WMS/WMTS.
MiraMon Map Reader is a 32-bit application that can be run on Windows 95, 98, NT, 2000, XP, 2003 Server, Vista platforms, programmed in ANSI C language in its entirety and developed by the team of Dr. Xavier Pons at the Center for Ecological Research and Forestry Applications (CREAF).
alternative download from Softonic here